Thursday, August 24, 2006

Early 55

Since I'm travelling tomorrow, I'm posting my 55 early this week.
(It's been quite a party of late and I'd hate to be left out.)

--

I’m healed, an old man proclaimed to the curious cameras.

She elbowed her way through the crowd and stepped gingerly into the murky water.
Maybe it would go away. Maybe what medicine couldn’t cure, a miracle would.
She pushed stray polythene aside and closed her eyes, praying softly as she sipped at the fleeting sweetness.

--


I'm expecting BB to respond only tomorrow, though. And since mine is a sleepy little blog, do send me links to the follow-up 55 responses and I'll catch up with the chain once I get back from the hinterlands. I'm also especially curious to see how this particular thread might partake in the customary orgy that ravishes Dilettante's comment box!